The following statement explains Calderdale Council’s policy regarding the personal information you may give to us when using this site (www.20mph.livingcalderdale.co.uk). Our aim is to respect your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and to meet current internet best practice.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.20mph.livingcalderdale.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement. If we decide to change our privacy statement we will post changes on this page so that you are kept informed.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is The Borough Council of Calderdale of The Town Hall, Crossley Street, Halifax HX1 1UJ.
Statement of Intent
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name, telephone number and e-mail address) in order to receive information on our site or enter any prize draws (including enabling Calderdale Council to contact you if you are a prize draw winner). Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.20mph.livingcalderdale.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Submitting Personal Information
When you supply any personal information to Calderdale Council through this site we have legal obligations towards you (as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998) in the way we deal with that personal data. We will only use your information for the purpose for which you have given it as described below.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out the prize draw (including using the information to contact prize winners and award and/or deliver the prize to the address provided) ;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We will not sell, assign, disclose or lease your personal information to any other external organisation or individual. We will not use your personal information for marketing.
Where we store your personal information
We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as is required to run the relevant prize draw, notify any winners and award and/or deliver the relevant prize(s). We shall erase your personal information once the purpose has been met.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data inputted to our site; any submission of personal information is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.